Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis holds a press conference in Juba Friday 20 July 2013Jul 17, 2013
17 July 2013 – Juba: A delegation from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis will host a press conference with the Ministry of Health and key partners Friday 19 July 2013 from 15:30 – 16:30 at the Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery. Partners include UNDP, United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA), World Health Organization (WHO), Population Services International (PSI), Centres for Disease Control (CDC) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is visiting South Sudan with international and national journalists to showcase the results and impact of the Fund’s projects in South Sudan. The mission has visited various project sites in Lakes State, the Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery as well as the Al Sabah Children’s Hospital and will be speaking on current interventions to address HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis.
As Principal Recipient of the Global Fund since 2004, UNDP has supported the Government of South Sudan to deliver HIV and TB services while strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Health by administering resources to construct needed infrastructure.
Date: Friday 19 July 2013
Time: 15h30 – 16h30
Location: Juba College of Nursing and Midwifery
- Marion Hachmann-Gleixner, Portfolio Manager, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis
- Represenative from the Ministry of Health
- Barnabas Yisa, Representative, United Nations Population Fund
- Dr. Abdi Aden, Head of Office, Head World Health Organization
- Balázs Horváth, Country Director UNDP South Sudan
- Representatives from Population Services International (PSI)
- Representatives from Centres for Disease Control (CDC)
- Representatives from United States Agency for International Development(USAID)
Marguerite Nowak, Team Leader Communications,
United Nations Development Programme, South Sudan
Cell: 095 619 1254