South Sudan to Validate the National Social Protection PolicyApr 17, 2013
15 April 2013 – Juba: The Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare will host a stakeholders consultative meeting to validate the National Social Protection Policy on Thursday 18 April 2013 at Juba Regency Hotel. With support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the World Bank and the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID), the Ministry has drafted the first National Social Protection Policy.
This policy builds on the Government of South Sudan's commitment to protect the most vulnerable and reduce poverty as articulated in the 2011 Transitional Constitution, the South Sudan Development Plan (SSDP 2011-2013) and Vision 2040. Included in this document are social protection interventions, strategies for resource mobilization and an institutional social protection framework.
The validation workshop is an opportunity for government, development partners, civil society organizations, the private sector and other stakeholders to voice their views on the proposed strategies and contribute to the shape of the National Social Protection Policy.
Date: Thursday 18 April 2013
Location: Juba Regency Hotel, Juba, South Sudan
- Honourable Agnes Lasuba, Minister of Gender, Child and Social Welfare
- Honourable Esther Ikere, Undersecretary, Ministry of Gender Child and Social Welfare
- Mr. Balázs Horváth, Country Director, UNDP
- Mr. Chris Nikoi, Country Representative, World Food Programme
- Ms. Yasmin Ali Haque, Country Representative, UNICEF
- World Bank Representative
- DFID Country Representative
Team Leader Communications,
United Nations Development Programme, South Sudan
Cell: 095 619 1254