UNDP’s efforts have focused on providing expertise to strengthen the workings of government at all levels, support electoral and referendum processes, and improve the rule of law.
Democratic Governance & Stabilisation
The state of Northern Bahr el Ghazal in South Sudan presents many challenging problems for the newly-formed police force.more
- 11 Aug 2015:Thirty-five Ugandan civil service support officers arrive to provide mentoring and coaching to their South Sudanese counterparts
- 27 Jul 2015:Government of Japan and UNDP announce launch of initiative to help South Sudan respond to food insecurity and floods
- 17 Jul 2015:NPPR launches pro peace campaign “Re-Awakening a Common Call for Peace among South Sudanese”
- 16 Jul 2015:Traditional leaders’ annual customary law forum calls for unity, peace, and reconciliation
- 14 Jul 2015:Talking Points: Deputy Country Director, UNDP, Amanda Serumaga Annual Forum for Traditional Leaders