UNDP’s efforts have focused on providing expertise to strengthen the workings of government at all levels, support electoral and referendum processes, and improve the rule of law.
Democratic Governance & Stabilisation
The state of Northern Bahr el Ghazal in South Sudan presents many challenging problems for the newly-formed police force.more
- 17 Jul 2015:NPPR launches pro peace campaign “Re-Awakening a Common Call for Peace among South Sudanese”
- 16 Jul 2015:Traditional leaders’ annual customary law forum calls for unity, peace, and reconciliation
- 14 Jul 2015:Talking Points: Deputy Country Director, UNDP, Amanda Serumaga Annual Forum for Traditional Leaders
- 11 Jul 2015:Focusing on inmates’ welfare, rule of law stakeholders discuss prisons overcrowding and effective control strategies
- 23 Jun 2015:Enhancing civil service capacity: South Sudan signs Memorandum of Understanding with Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda