Support to Office of the President
Contributing to democratic development and sustainable peace
UNDP's Support to the Office of the President project will assist the office of the GoSS President in developing its functional capacity.
- The project supported the South Sudan Women’s Conference on the 2011 Referendum which brought together around 200 women’s leaders from Sudan and the diaspora to discuss their participation in the referendum and post-referendum process.
- The project supported two senior officials to attend leadership trainings in Mombasa (Kenya).
- The project supported five senior officials including the Minister of the Office of the President to go on a study tour to countries that have held referenda (e.g. Australia, East Timor, Eritrea).
- The project supported a senior official in attending a meeting on the Millennium Development Goals in Accra (Ghana) as well as a voice and accountability workshop in Egypt.
- The project supported workshops to create awareness about the Policy Frameworks, 2009 Annual Work Plan and Strategic Plan among staff of the Office of the President.
- The project supports workshops, held to create awareness about security issues among the staff of the Office of the President.
- The project supported two meetings, organized by International Law Policy Group (ILPG), to bring together representatives from Northern Bahr el Ghazal State and Unity State to discuss border issues related to Southern Darfur and Southern Kordofan States, respectively.
- The project supported a workshop, involving stakeholders from key GoSS ministries, UN agencies and NGOs to consult on creating a Task Force to develop a strategy to monitor and develop a strategy for implementing programmes, as well as a framework to monitor progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in South Sudan.
- The project supported one workshop, held to consult with stakeholders on developing an Emergency Preparedness and Response Strategy (Disaster Risk Management).
Implementation of Communications and Public Relations Strategy
- The project supported the procurement of communication equipment to be used for presidential press conferences.
- The project supported the purchase of camera equipment for the Directorate of Communications and Press.
- The project supported the development of a training plan for the staff of the Directorate of Communications and Press.
- The project supported a symposium held with media representatives to discuss effective media coverage for the Office of the President.
- The project supported two members of the Directorate of Communications and Press to travel to the Hague (Netherlands) to cover the final arguments and submissions on Abyei made by representatives of Sudan Peoples’ Liberation Movement (SPLM) and National Congress Party (NCP) to the Permanent Court of Arbitration.
Training of Staff of the Office of the President
- The project supported training of 51 office managers and secretaries in IT skills at the South Sudan Institute of Management.
Equipment and Resources for the Office of the President
- The project procured laptops and desktops for the Office of the President.
- The project procured communication equipment for the Office of the President and improved internet availability.
|Phase Two (2007-2010)|
|Donor name||Contributing amount|
|United Kingdom (DFID)||1,674,622.37 USD|
Delivery per year
|Year||Total amount delivered
- Project start date:
- Estimated end date:
- 31 December 2011
- Geographic coverage:
- Focus Area:
- Democratic Governance
- Project Officer:
- Frankline Logo email@example.com
- Office of the President of the Government of Southern Sudan